According to the latest reports from the U.S. Drought Monitor and the U.S. Geological Survey, our area is in a severe drought.
On July 8, the MA Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs sent out a press release declaring a drought watch and advisory. “Residents and businesses need to heed water use restrictions and take steps to fix leaks and limit non-critical water use to assure adequate supplies for health and safety in the coming months.” Read the entire press release.
What can you do to help?
- Take shorter showers. Use a kitchen timer if you need a reminder.
- Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when completely full.
- Fix leaky faucets. Small leaks waste hundreds of gallons of water a month.
- Stop watering your lawn and let it go dormant. Let’s save our water for public health and safety.
- Follow the Town of Sharon watering restrictions.
- Upgrade to water efficient toilets, clothes washers, showerheads, and faucets.
- Be more water efficient.