- Rebates are for town water users only.
- The applicant must be a residential water customer of record for an active, non-delinquent account.
- This offer does not apply to new construction.
- All rebates require proper receipts and proof of inspection, where applicable.
- Please provide credit card statement w/ name, address & purchase amount.
- Please allow 4-5 weeks after application to process a rebate check.
- All rebate applications must be made within 90 days* of purchase.
All rebates are subject to availability of funds on a first come, first served basis during each fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th).
*If an item is purchased towards the end of the Town’s fiscal year, all paperwork must be submitted to the DPW office within 10 business days of the close of the year (June 30th).
- The Town reserves the right to amend and/or discontinue this program without notice.
- The Town reserves the right to perform a site visit to verify installation prior to or following issuance of a rebate.
- The Town is not responsible for toilet or clothes washer performance or estimated savings, and does not provide any warranties or guarantees, express or implied.
- Rebate equal to half the cost of a new toilet, up to $200, for the replacement of an older toilet with a WaterSense labeled toilet that uses 1.28 gallons per flush or less. This does not include installation or inspection costs.
- Limit of two toilet rebates per household
- Toilet must be installed by a licensed plumber and inspected by the Sharon plumbing inspector following installation
- A copy of receipt, plumbing inspection, and proof of inspection by the Sharon plumbing inspector must accompany rebate application. If purchased by credit card, a copy of the credit card statement is also required.
- The toilet must be installed at the property where the water is delivered
- The property owner is solely responsible for ensuring proper installation and proper disposal of the old toilet. The old toilet must not be reused.
Clothes washer rebate:
- Rebate of $200 for a clothes washer with an EnergyStar water factor of 4.0 or less. Water Factor is the number of gallons per cycle per cubic foot that a washer uses. The lower the water factor, the more efficient the washer is. For example, if a clothes washer uses 30 gallons per cycle and has a tub volume of 3.0 cubic feet, then the water factor is 10.0.
- A copy of the receipt must accompany the rebate application and if purchased by credit card, a copy of the credit card statement is also required.
- One washer rebate per household
- Only new washing machines, purchased for personal use and not for resale are eligible.
- The property owner is solely responsible for ensuring proper installation. Proper disposal of the old machine is the responsibility of the property owner. Old machines may not be reused.
For more information, please contact the Sharon Water Department, 781-784-1525 x2315