Skip to content
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth, shave, wash dishes, etc.
- Take shorter showers. Use a kitchen timer if you need a reminder.
- Use a dishwasher instead of washing dishes by hand.
- Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when completely full.
- Never pour medicine or hazardous
chemicals down the toilet or sink. The Sharon DPW has a Hazardous Waste Disposal Day once a year, where you can dispose of most materials. Medicine can be disposed of at the Sharon Police Dept.
- Fix leaks around the home. Small leaks in faucets and toilets waste hundreds of gallons of water a month.
- Upgrade to water efficient toilets, clothes washers, showerheads, and faucets.